Hoppa till innehåll

Sökresultat Sökningen pågår Sökresultaten dyker upp här efterhand. Du kan fortsätta skriva om du vill begränsa sökningen.
Söker efter användare
Söker efter gallerier
Sök forumtrådar
Stäng

Blu-ray - Nyheter och Rykten

1786 svar till detta ämne
  • Vänligen logga in för att kunna svara

Postad 18 juli 2007 - 01:20

HDGuru
  • HDGuru
  • Lärjunge

• 338 inlägg
Postad bild

http://www.dvdempire...=99365841484489

Postad 18 juli 2007 - 17:57

HDGuru
  • HDGuru
  • Lärjunge

• 338 inlägg
Måste också bara påpeka att axelmusic är 50-50 nu, hittills har alltid hd-dvd lett.

Postad 18 juli 2007 - 18:29

Gäst_NabCake_*
  • Gäst_NabCake_*

Måste också bara påpeka att axelmusic är 50-50 nu, hittills har alltid hd-dvd lett.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Går fortfarande o se på HD-DVD och Blu-Ray filmer för det :angry:

Postad 18 juli 2007 - 18:39

henke007
  • henke007
  • Guru

• 5 366 inlägg
HDDVD leder med 0,8 % faktiskt :angry:

Postad 18 juli 2007 - 20:24

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg

"According to NPG figures presented today by Toshiba, HD DVD hardware sales are well ahead of Blu-ray with 55 per cent of sales to date in the USA and over 70 per cent in Europe."

http://www.current.c...IJABMCUABX.html

45% är fan inte illa pinkat med tanke på PS3...

Postad 18 juli 2007 - 20:38

diabolo
  • diabolo
  • Mästare

• 3 548 inlägg

"According to NPG figures presented today by Toshiba, HD DVD hardware sales are well ahead of Blu-ray with 55 per cent of sales to date in the USA and over 70 per cent in Europe."

45% är fan inte illa pinkat med tanke på PS3...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

70% är inte så dålig heller :angry:

Postad 18 juli 2007 - 23:23

HDGuru
  • HDGuru
  • Lärjunge

• 338 inlägg
Hardware sales är fortfarande irrelevant, speciellt om dom borträknar PS3, då är det vara larv. Spelar ingen roll hur många spelare Toshiba säljer med förlust, det enda som räknas är software sales.

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 00:02

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Vad BD använder sina BD50 skivor till? High-bitrate AVC+24bit uncompressed/lossless ljud, sen varför Warner, Paramount och Universal vill hypa upp dessa ljudformat genom att bara inkludera dom på vissa släpp förstår jag inte. Sony, Disney och FOX släpper iaf minst 16bit på alla sina släpp vare sig det är MPEG2 eller BD25 skivor. Så det får ju bara dom andra att se dåliga ut.

Det bästa vore ju om BD hade tagit bort allt som inte var uncompressed/lossless ur specen, men sån tur hade vi ju inte så vi får skitljud av dom så kallad neutrala studios. Men dom vill väl inte göra HD DVD ledsen i ögat som har lite utrymmes/bandbredds problem här och där :angry:

Redigerat av Unregistered992, 19 juli 2007 - 00:03.

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 00:23

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg

men du får väl sitta o vänta på att...

Det jag ska vänta på är att en modd rensar upp den här tråden :angry:

Men innan jag lägger mig så ska jag slänga in det här:

Postad bild

(drsiebling aka Ben Williams är alltså en respekterad recensent på hometheaterforum)

Today at EMA, Zohn got up in front of a room full of attendees and went on a tirade about how much better HD DVD is than BD. I ended up challenging him on his assertation that BD doesn't support Next-gen audio formats. It was getting a bit heated when Bill Hunt spoke up and basically shut Zohn down. Then the two of them argued for about 10 minutes. I wish you all could have been there...

On a lighter note, Sony, Panasonic, Fox, Disney and Lionsgate threw a great party tonight.... I don't think anyone that attended that party will ever support HD DVD again!

Well, I just left this particular panel. One thing is for certain: Ken Griffeo is wavering a bit on his support of HD DVD. He even went so far as to mention the daily pressure he is under from GE to go neutral. It's only a matter of time.

Zohn continued to spew complete disinformation about his support of HD DVD. He went so far as to say this:

"At my company we are neutral - - we support formats. However, the reason we favor HD DVD..."

Uh... someone needs to look up the definition of "neutral".

He also went so far as to call the people at Sony: "A bunch of jerks... they are just terrible people"

He labeled them as such because he says they don't return his phone calls.

There will be a full video of this even posted on HTF in the next few days. I think you'll all enjoy Bill Hunt jumping down Griffeo's throat for a solid 30 minutes. Griffeo even made an early exit from the panel... I think the pressure got to him.

Oh yeah... I cornered a Fox VP in an elevator today and she told me that we can expect at least 50 new releases on BD in Q4. She said the specific reasons for the delay were BD+ and production issues involving DTS MA. She hinted that they will be dropping that audio format from future releases.

Redigerat av Unregistered992, 19 juli 2007 - 00:59.

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 11:31

Addex
  • Addex
  • Veteran

• 1 902 inlägg

Well, I just left this particular panel. One thing is for certain: Ken Griffeo is wavering a bit on his support of HD DVD. He even went so far as to mention the daily pressure he is under from GE to go neutral. It's only a matter of time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Härligt med tryck uppifrån GE (General Electric) äger ju Universal/NBC

Oh yeah... I cornered a Fox VP in an elevator today and she told me that we can expect at least 50 new releases on BD in Q4. She said the specific reasons for the delay were BD+ and production issues involving DTS MA. She hinted that they will be dropping that audio format from future releases.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Så bra, hoppas att Fox (och MGM) väljer True HD istället för DTS-HD M.A.

[OT]
Har DTS någon chans att hävda sig nu i HD eran?
[/OT]

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 12:43

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
EIV Blu-ray in August

Entertainment in Video have announced their support for the Blu-ray Disc high definition format with the release of seven blockbuster titles on 13th August 2007. Priced at £24.99 each is a collection of titles that include some already available in other regions: The Departed, Phantom of the Opera and Million Dollar Baby, others that are exclusive to HD DVD in other regions: Brokeback Mountain and Lucky Number Slevin and finally those which are all-new to high definition: Gangs of New York and The Crow.

At this point in terms of tech specs we only know that you can expect 1080P Widescreen transfers on the main features and all extras in standard definition. Extras are detailed below…

Gangs of New York

* Director’s Commentary
    * Set Design
    * Exploring the set of Gangs of New York
    * Costume Design
    * History of the Five Points
    * Discovery Channel Special: “Uncovering the Real Gangs of New York”
    * U2 Music Video: The Hands That Built America
    * Making Gangs of New York
    * Trailer

The Phantom of the Opera (2004)

* The Making of Phantom of the Opera
    * Production: Swarovski Featurette
    * Special FX Featurette
    * Music/Recording Featurette
    * Production Design Featurette
    * Costumes/Make-Up Featurette
    * Editing Featurette
    * Alex Bailey’s Production Stills
    * ”Behind the Mask”: The Story of the Phantom of the Opera
    * The History
    * The Music of the Phantom of the Opera Featurette
    * ”The Phantom of the Opera”: Steve Harley and Sarah Brightman
    * ”The Music of the Night”: Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman
    * ”Wishing you were Somehow Here Again”: Sarah Brightman
    * Look out for hidden extras!

Million Dollar Baby

* ”Born to Fight”
    * Producer’s Round 15
    * James Lipton Takes on Three

Brokeback Mountain

* On Being a Cowboy: Actors discuss their preparation for their roles
    * Directing from the Heart: Ang Lee
    * From Script to Screen: Interviews with Larry McMurty & Diana Ossana
    * Sharing the Story: The Making of “Brokeback Mountain”

The Departed

* Additional Scenes with introductions by Martin Scorsese
    * Stranger than Fiction: The story of the Boston mob – The real-life gangster behind Jack Nicholson’s character
    * Crossing Criminal Cultures: How Little Italy’s crime and violence influence Scorsese’s work
    * Theatrical Trailer

The Crow (Special Extended Edition)

* Commentary by Jeff Most and John Shirley
    * Deleted Footage and Extended Scenes
    * Featurette
    * Profile of James O’Barr
    * Brandon Lee’s Last On-Screen Interview
    * Poster Art
    * Production Design
    * Storyboard Sequences

Lucky Number Slevin

* Making of Lucky Number Slevin
    * Trailer

Svårt att veta om det här passar i filmtråden eller här, men det är ju en ny studio så nyhetsvärde är det allt ;)

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 12:52

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg

Härligt med tryck uppifrån GE (General Electric) äger ju Universal/NBC

Enligt Penton-Man(Hollywood insider) så har Blockbuster nyheten rört om det i grytan hos Universal betydligt mer än vad dom visar det utåt, Universal ska även ha fått ett bra erbjudande från BD sidan så vi får väl se hur det spelar ut sig.

Det här sa Amir angående Universal för en liten tid sen:

I don't keep track of who has the rights for which movie and where. But rest assured there is not a single thought in Universal's mind about publishing in BD format. They are the chair of HD DVD promotion group for heaven's sake!

Undra vad han fått höra när han några timmar efter svarade med detta ;)

Keep in mind that what I provide to you is not an official statement on behalf of any other company. But only a barameter from our piont of view. That barameter does not indicate Uni publishing in BD. If someone wants to dispute that, they would need to present credible data on where they get that information and why it is better than ours.

Inte lika stabilt svar om du frågar mig :D

Redigerat av Unregistered992, 19 juli 2007 - 12:53.

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 14:35

diabolo
  • diabolo
  • Mästare

• 3 548 inlägg
Från hometheaterforum Admin. några ord om Razters o drsiebling AKA Bens inlägg ;) http://www.hometheat...48&postcount=19

Bifogad fil  2007_07_19_152749.jpg   564,25K   12 Antal nerladdningar

Show a Bonanza for Home Theater Forum

Posted: July 19, 2007

LAS VEGAS — Rival high-def format backers wooed the influential Home Theater Forum with a mini price war at EMA's 2007 conference.

After Toshiba kicked off the event with a $99 offer for an HD DVD player, the group received a coupon for a free $600 Panasonic Blu-ray player in gift bags at the Blu-ray party Tuesday, according to Forum members.

Yesterday during a Q&A with the video enthusiasts, Universal Studios Home Entertainment’s Ken Graffeo said the group could get the Toshiba HD A2 player for free or purchase the XA2 for $299. He also threw in a copy of the upcoming Heroes — Season One HD DVD, which is out Aug. 28.

The crowd reacted with loud applause.

Still, they didn’t let executives off the hook. Forum members peppered HD DVD backers with questions on the damaging effects of the format war. One pointedly asked Universal’s Graffeo if he felt pressure, representing the only studio exclusively supporting HD DVD.

“I feel it every day,” Graffeo said, stressing the greater support for the format among foreign suppliers. “We talk about this every day and we feel confident with the decision that we made.”

Graffeo and members of the HD DVD Promotional Group touted the pricing and extra-feature benefits of the format to the Forum in a demo session in addition to the Q&A.

Microsoft’s Kevin Collins demonstrated the interactive capabilities of HD DVD, including a feature that lets viewers find out their insurance costs after car crashes in The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Some Forum members said they didn’t need fancy interactivity, but preferred more extras on the disc.

The value-added extras on an HD disc must be at a “higher level than DVD,” Graffeo said, adding that every player plays HD DVD’s features while some Blu-ray players don’t service all that format’s features.

HD DVD backers also held up the increasing inclusion of HD DVD drives in Toshiba, HP and Gateway PC notebooks as a hardware plus for the format.

“If Blu-ray can count PS3s [as format players], I think it’s OK if HD DVD counts PCs,” said consultant Michael Greeson of the Diffusion Group.

Greeson talked about the power of low prices, mentioning $199 as a sweet spot for mass adoption of an HD player.

“What drove DVD was pricing,” Graffeo added.

One attendee asked Microsoft’s Collins if the reason the company supported HD DVD was merely to counter game rival Sony Corp., which has the Blu-ray-enabled PlayStation 3.

He said Microsoft made the decision to go with HD DVD because it supported managed copy at the time, costs less to replicate and its interactivity features.

Retailer Robert Zohn of Value Electronics professed his unabashed support for HD DVD, saying it bothered him when Blu-ray-supporting executives said the format war was over.

“They didn’t win it from my customer base,” he said, noting that HD DVD executives were very accessible while his Sony rep won’t even return his phone call.

Redigerat av diabolo, 19 juli 2007 - 14:45.

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 14:42

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Själv väntar jag på filmen så vi kan bilda en egen uppfattning ;)

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 17:44

necrio
  • necrio
  • Forumräv

• 646 inlägg
http://www.tgdaily.c...view/32976/118/

HDScape gives up HD DVD exclusivity, moves to Blu-ray

one by one.. många bäckar små.

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 18:10

diabolo
  • diabolo
  • Mästare

• 3 548 inlägg

http://www.tgdaily.c...view/32976/118/

HDScape gives up HD DVD exclusivity, moves to Blu-ray

one by one.. många bäckar små.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HDScape Adds Blu-ray to its High-Def Menu

Dvs att de är neutrala...om man kan läsa förstås ;)

Postad 19 juli 2007 - 18:19

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Vem har sagt något annat?

Postad 20 juli 2007 - 10:32

Unregisteredbf364490
  • Unregisteredbf364490
  • Veteran

• 1 887 inlägg
Pioneer släpper sin första BD-läsare, kombinerad med DVD/CD-brännare. Kostar cirkus 300$ i USA.

Postad bild

http://www.pioneerel...7935078,00.html

Postad 20 juli 2007 - 12:05

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg

Samsung introduced two new third generation Blu-ray disc players, the BD-P2400 and BD-P1400. Both feature HDMI 1.3 connectivity, 1080p playback of Blu-ray discs at 24 frames per second (fps) or at 60 fps, 5.1 audio decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA as well as Dolby Digital Plus and DTS. Both models will also upconvert standard definition DVDs to 1080p/60 via HDMI connection. The BD-P1400 uses Faroudja DCDI video processor, while the step-up BD-P2400 uses Silicon Optix HQV video processor. The BD-P1400 will be available in September 2007 at $499 retail; the BD-P2400 will ship in October 2007 with a retail of $599.

http://hdguru.com/?p=105

Postad 20 juli 2007 - 16:26

Guppa
  • Guppa
  • Bredbildad

• 731 inlägg
Tror inte det skall vara DTS MA dær utan DTS-HD HRA

Postad 20 juli 2007 - 16:46

Addex
  • Addex
  • Veteran

• 1 902 inlägg

Tror inte det skall vara DTS MA dær utan DTS-HD H.R.A.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vad är skillnaden mellan DTS-HD HRA och DTS-HD?

MA vet jag är lossless, men vad kan DTS-HD H.R.A. som inte DTS-HD kan?

Kan inte DTS-HD 24/96 & 24/192? :D

Postad 20 juli 2007 - 16:49

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Jag fattar inte varför det ska vara så sjukt många olika varianter på ljud codecs, ha PCM, TrueHD och DTS-HD MA. Tvinga studios att använda dom och i nödfall där det är riktigt gamla filmer så får man väl "konvertera" upp ljudet även fast det inte blir bättre...

Postad 21 juli 2007 - 07:58

random111
  • random111
  • Forumräv

• 922 inlägg
Hitachi har utvecklat en 8cm BD/DVD drive som ska användas i kommande (redan till hösten?) HD videokameror.

Postad bild

Källor: Engadget, Impress, Hitachi.

Postad 21 juli 2007 - 10:21

khalnur
  • khalnur
  • Veteran

• 1 668 inlägg
Det passar ju bra att min dv-kamera gick sönder idagarna. :)

Postad 22 juli 2007 - 16:01

Baloubic
  • Baloubic
  • Användare

• 201 inlägg
Blu-ray har kopplat greppet allt mer. HD-DVD promotional group tvingas dölja sitt nederlag genom att vända den tydliga statistiken till sin egen fördel - och nu börjar det bli väldigt uppenbart att de har det tufft.

Förra veckan var det uttalandet om 70% av stand-alone-enheterna i europa var HD-DVD, trots att man påpassligt inte räknat med PS3an, som sista året varit den mest prisvärda BD-spelaren - och dessutom den enda som är helt säkert uppgraderingsbar med nya BD-java. När samtliga enheter räknas var resultatet 95% av enheterna i europa Blu-ray.

USA då? Tja, där är det ännu värre ställt. Enligt Nielsen är försäljningsförhållandet för filmer sista tre veckorna 66-70% mot 30-34% i BDs favör. HD-DVD promotional group slog dock i dagarna fast att det ingalunda var kört, med ett liknande uttalande som det i Europa.
"HD-DVD står för 55% av stand-alone-marknaden i USA, har nu sålt 480 000 spelare". Återigen, det låter bra - men så sent som för en månad sedan var uttalandet 60% av standalone-marknaden i USA. Faktum är, att även om man inte räknar PS3 så säljs i USA numera _fler_ BD-standalones ä'n HD-DVD-standalones. Faktiskt har BD 60% av försäljningen denna månad, utan att räkna med PS3 - då är siffrorna inte ens jämförbara.

Det ser blått ut framöver. Hade gärna sett att kriget fortsatt en bit till, men i nuläget tror jag inte HD-DVD är mer än ett nischformat inom 1-2 år. Går Universal neutralt, tidigare än så.

http://www.videobusi.../CA6450990.html
http://www.circuitci...categorylist.do

Redigerat av Baloubic, 22 juli 2007 - 16:01.

Postad 22 juli 2007 - 17:31

necrio
  • necrio
  • Forumräv

• 646 inlägg

kriget kommer fortsätta länge till, för mkt pengar inblandade , förstår inte hur så pass mkt folk
stödjer BD som inte ens är tekniskt färdigutvecklat vare sig spelare eller filmer , när HDDVD
är både billigare och användarvänligt och lika bra, den ekvationen går inte ihopa även om man räknar in PS3..som givetvis är en mkt kapabel spelare och ett mkt Bra val, dock saker som en högljud fläkt och TV spel som inte alla vill ha får mig att inte välja denna spelare och då finns inga andra billiga alternativ i dagsläget i Sverige..

Hela grejen med att PS3an inte kan användas som standalonespelare är löjeväckande. min PS3a låter INTE mer än min Sanyo PLV Z-5 projektor, och när man spelar PCM ljud på +10 på förstärkaren så är det helt omöjligt att påstå att varken projektorn eller ps3an skulle sabba filmen, sen att du får det att låta som att det vore något dåligt att ps3an kan spela spel är också intressant. själv är jag inte specielt intresserad av o spela och köpte ps3an enbart för den är klart prisvärdaste spelaren på marknaden, stora möjligheter för firmwareupgraderingar eftersom så många sålts och så vidare. en spelare man kan räkna med. inte som 360 som har hitils har ett 100% inbyggtfel och idag uppe i 33% failurate :(

HDDVD har ju mkt fler fördelar än BD te x regionsfriheten, ja menar köpa 2 spelare för att
se alla filmer det är ju sjukt en PS3.a och en standalone te x allvarligt talat hur tänker man?!

Visst regionsfrihet ger HDDVD ett visst överläge *IDAG*, varför jag poängterar idag är för att som ett annat kännt format (D V D) har också regioner, är det någon som sitter med 2 eller 3 dvdspelare hemma för o hitta på importfilmer? nej jag tänkte väl det. om nån generation kommer det regionsupplåsta spelare och förmodligen kommer Chipping förekomma på PS3an.

Sen att BD har mer studiostöd är ju ett faktum dock släpps det ju väldigt lite titlar just nu men det kommer väl ändras, ja ser dock inte det som en tillräcklig anledning för mig att vilja hoppa på BD.

BD har mer stuiostöd ja, släpps lite tittlar ja, är väl rätt samma för hddvd egentligen, alla räknar väl med att de börjar flöda mer till jul va?

Universal går inte neutrala i första taget iaf så blir intressant framöver..

förmodligen har du rätt där.

fördel BD enligt mig, mera studiostöd av större filmbolag givetvis tyngst, mera lagringsutrymme som dock inta används så ofta , ja menar Dolby true HD och PCM på samma disc känns ju lite onödigt ..

BITRATE, igen BITRATE :-) visst används inte fullt ut, som sagt ny teknik, filmstudiosarna vet väl inte riktigt hur man gör bra releases yet, första dvderna var väl inte superbit releases heller kan ja tänka mig :huh:

Fördel HDDVD, många independent studios te x Studio Canal, weinstein etc, Universal, ofta bättre ljud från Paramount och Warner, färdigutvecklada maskiner och interaktivitet som räcker behövs inget vassare, ja menar hur mkt tittar man på det. Internet anslutningar på alla sina maskiner.

tillbaka till studiosupport. redan kommit fram till att BD har övertaget där right? ofta bättre ljud, okay nästan alla bd releases har PCM iprincip, i hddvd får man ofta nöjja sig med dd+ 640kpbs?
och de där med interaktivitet, och internet. trodde du tyckte allt som gick ifrån själva filmtittandet var badmojo, om interaktivitet och internet är gamebreaking så borde ps3an ligga på top, visst bd-java är inte klart men snart så. men å andra sidan så vill man ju titta på filmen. samma med typ PiP förstår inte varför folk tycker detta är en viktig funktion, måste man se the director i en ruta i ett hörn medans han kommenterar filmer?

Regionsfrihet, alla HDDVD från hela världen funkar i din toshiba eller 360drive , billigare Spelare och på olika håll te x i Sverige billigare på filmerna, har jämnat ut sig på import.

regionsfrihet tillbaka några paragrafer upp. "funkar på din toshiba eller 360drive" du kan inte tänka dig för en sec att använda en ps3a men 360drive funkar deluxbra!

billigare spelare, sure ni har väl någon för 3500kr eller nått va? klarade den 1080p? host..
ska man ha en highend hddvdspelare får man punga upp med 7500, dyrare än en ps3a som även spelar spel alltså. och gör allt hddvdspelaren gör.

vad ser folk hos BD ja vet inte Ni kanske kan förklara det närmare.. som ja ser det borde varenda människa välja HDDVD men det kanske är snyggare med blått och låter bättre med BD men just 50 Gb utrymme och större studio stöd som knappt släpper filmer känns konstigt om man ser till 1 år tillbaka?!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Större studiostöd (man sattsar ju på formatet som logisktsätt kommer vinna eller?) och lagringskapasiteten, dvs teoretiska bild och välljudet är bättre, kommer vara bättre när dom perfekterat encodeformaten, ta en film som är 3timmar long.. någon av lotr-filmerna som är extended, vad får du för bitrate på en sån film på en 30gb disc? och har du plats för truehd ljudformat? och all den där interaktiviteten och pip funktioner? blir inte många mpbs på den rullen och ett dd+ 640kbps ljudspår.... 30gb vs 50gb är nästan dubbelt så mycket. 40%(who likes math).
thats Fact. man håller på formatet som logisktsätt är bäst och har mest att ge i framtiden.

lite som 360 vs ps3 vs wii... wii är gårdagens teknik till fulländning, taken till sin spets, 360 är en hottad xbox... ps3 är helt ny teknik, därav priset men å andra sidan får du funktioner som slår alla dom andra konsollerna med hästlängder, ps3an är inte bara en spelkonsoll det är en multimediamaskin, som kommer att hålla i många år framåt..

Postad 22 juli 2007 - 18:12

Addex
  • Addex
  • Veteran

• 1 902 inlägg

Förra veckan var det uttalandet om 70% av stand-alone-enheterna i europa var HD-DVD, trots att man påpassligt inte räknat med PS3an, som sista året varit den mest prisvärda BD-spelaren - och dessutom den enda som är helt säkert uppgraderingsbar med nya BD-java. När samtliga enheter räknas var resultatet 95% av enheterna i europa Blu-ray.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

visst bd-java är inte klart men snart så. men å andra sidan så vill man ju titta på filmen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vill bara säga att BD-J (Java) är och finns på alla BD-spelare och är redan komplett. Det ni påpekar om profilerna 1.1 och 2.0 gäller PiP (1.1) och internetuppkoppling (2.0).

Sedan finns 3.0 men det är för en ren musikspelare, inget BD-J eller videoavkodning.

EDIT: Från Wikipedias artikel om Blu-ray:s olika profiler.

Profiles

The BD-ROM specification defines four profiles of Blu-ray players. All video-based profiles are required to have a full implementation of BD-J.

This is the basic profile that all current Blu-ray players (as of April 2007) are based on. Players based on this profile are only required to have 64 KB of application data area storage, which is typically used for bookmarks and other preference storage.[citation needed] Most players have more than the minimum required 64 KB.[citation needed] After October 31, 2007, this profile will be superseded by profile 1.1 as the new minimum profile.

1.1 (mandatory November 2007)

What is typically referred to as "Profile 1.1" (but is more formally known as "Final Standard Profile") adds a secondary video decoder (typically used for picture in picture), secondary audio (typically used for interactive audio and commentary) and capability of supporting a minimum of 256 MB of local storage (for storing audio/video and title updates). Compliance with this profile will be mandatory for player models introduced to the market after October 31, 2007,[1] but existing products will be unaffected. No players compliant with this profile have been announced or released.

Some profile 1.0 players may be upgradeable via firmware update to profile 1.1 if they have the appropriate hardware, but no manufacturer has announced any such upgrade. When software authored with interactive features dependent on Profile 1.1 hardware capabilities are played on profile 1.0 players some features may not be available or may offer limited capability. Profile 1.0 players will still be able to play the main feature of the disc, however.

2.0 (BD-Live)

Profile 2, also known as BD-Live, adds network connectivity to the list of mandatory functions and increases mandatory local storage capability to 1 GB. No players have been announced as compatible with this profile. Players of earlier profiles will still be able to play the main feature of the disc, however.

3 (audio only)

Profile 3 is meant for an audio-only player and does not require video decoding or BD-J.

Redigerat av Addex, 22 juli 2007 - 18:16.

Postad 22 juli 2007 - 20:50

diabolo
  • diabolo
  • Mästare

• 3 548 inlägg

Dagens HD-DVD spelare klarar inte av att läsa mer än 2 lager så de kommer inte kunna spela 3-lagers  51Gb HD-DVD filmer när de väl kommer. Och det blir antagligen så att 51Gb-skivorna enbart kommer användas till datalagring och inte till video.*

Det bör ju också nämnas att Blu-ray experimenterar med 100Gb och 200Gb-skivor...

Vad gäller Sagan om ringen kan det ju faktiskt bli problem för HD-DVD med dagens 30Gb-skivor om de ska få plats med en film på mer än 4 timmar. DÅ kommer Blu-rays extra 20Gb till användning.*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Länk tack :(...G1 Nec Drive Bifogad fil  hd_dvd_nec_G1.pdf   647,97K   12 Antal nerladdningar

*LOTR på HD DVD är på G enligt MS team. https://www.minhembi...dpost&p=1460715

Redigerat av diabolo, 22 juli 2007 - 21:25.

Postad 23 juli 2007 - 03:15

diabolo
  • diabolo
  • Mästare

• 3 548 inlägg

GoWell G875 Blu-ray Player

Specifications have been released for what might just be the first bargain Blu-ray player on the market. You may recall that in January the HD DVD group announced that cheap Chinese players would guarantee them a win in the format war. Six months later, those players still can't be found, but a cheap Chinese Blu-ray player has now been spotted on the website for GoWell Enterprises International Ltd.

The specs aren't very impressive, but this is an entry level player which will carry a very consumer friendly entry level price. The player will be Internet ready, both via wire and wireless connectivity, but no support for advanced audio codecs. No word on when these players will be hitting store shelves (its sure to be a Walmart favorite) or a price. Visit their website (click Source below) for more information and a mock-up picture.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=259
http://www.gowellent...eries/G875.html

http://www.gowellent...0series/875.jpg
http://www.gowellent...dio series.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll pop the question...where is Gowells blu? :)

Postad 23 juli 2007 - 14:21

Johan78
  • Johan78
  • Beroende

• 1 419 inlägg
Gamereactor.se goes Blu-ray exclusive :)

http://www.gamereactor.se/blog/petter/

"Dagens lista är en lista över älskvärda saker, just nu. Häng med nu:

1. Blu-Ray
Högupplöst film med surround-ljud i avsevärt mycket högre bitrate är underbart. Jag älskar det och vi ska faktiskt ganska snart starta upp en avdelning här på siten enbart för Blu-Ray-recensioner."

Ännu en viktig aktör har valt sida *skratt*

Redigerat av Johan78, 23 juli 2007 - 14:21.

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 18:01

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Razor Digital Exclusively Blu-ray

Razor Digital has announced that they will be supporting Blu-ray exclusively, and will release four IMAX titles for Blu-ray on November 13th. Those titles include 'Africa: The Serengeti', 'Alaska: Spirit of the Wild', 'Australia: Land Beyond Time' and 'Antarctica: An Adventure of a Different Nature'. More titles are promised if these sell well.

No specs have been announced at this time. Mitch Perliss, Razor Digital EVP stated that his company picked Blu-ray because of the household penetration of Blu-ray by way of the PlayStation 3.

Blockbuster har verkligen satt fart i saker, hur många studios har börjat stödja BD dom senaste veckorna? 5-6?
» Klicka här för att visa spoiler - Klicka en gång till för att dölja den... «

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 18:46

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Questar Goes Blu-ray Exclusive

Questar, Inc. has announced that they will be supporting Blu-ray exclusively, beginning with their first high definition releases scheduled to debut this fall. The titles include 'Rudy Maxa's Europe to the Max', 'The Enchanted Pacific to the Max' and a yet to be announced PBS nature series title. No specs have been given at this time.

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 19:45

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Du menar när Universal blir neutral?

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 20:26

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Denon Introduces $2,000 DVD-3800BDCI Blu-ray Player

Postad bild

Today in Jersey City, Denon unveiled its flagship DVD player, the DVD-3800BDCI, coming out this fall. It will be among the first to sport the BD-ROM version 1.1, which means it will have dual audio/video decoders to take advantage of picture-in-picture content, and has an SD card slot, so that you can download web content. It does not have an Ethernet jack, however, so you will have to use a PC to download content to SD. It's also, according to Denon, the world's first high-def disc player to use the Realta HQV video processor for super-badass video cleanup. The processor will clean up Blu-ray discs, if that tells you anything.

DENON TO INTRODUCE GROUNDBREAKING BD-ROM PROFILE 1 version 1.1

BLU-RAY DISC PLAYER AND TRANSPORT

• New Products Represent the Pinnacle of High-Definition DVD Video and Audio Performance; Offer Exciting Interactive Capabilities -

Mahwah, NJ - July 24, 2007 -- Denon Electronics, a world leader in high-performance home entertainment products, today announced the upcoming introduction of two groundbreaking DVD products, the new reference-standard DVD-3800BDCI BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1
Blu-ray Disc Player and the DVD-2500BTC BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Transport. The DVD-3800BDCI (SRP: $1,999) is the world's first BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Player from a Blu-Ray Disc Association member featuring the acclaimed 10-bit Silicon Optix Realta chipset. It provides users with the highest resolution high-definition video available today via HDMI™ connection, as well as the ultimate in audio performance, including high-definition audio decoding and DDSC-HD audio output. The DVD-2500BTCI outputs audio and video signals and requires a connected audio/video receiver to do the decoding. Both BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray units are slated to ship this fall.

In addition to its Blu-ray Disc introductions, Denon is updating its advanced lineup of DVD players and changers with six additional models, including the DVD-1940CI (SRP: $349) and DVD-1740 (SRP: $169), as well as the new DVM-1845 (SRP: $269) 5-disc DVD changer. With the new additions, Denon's current line of DVD players now feature advanced HDMI output capability for the ultimate in audio and video performance. Three new models in the company's Retail Home Theater DVD lineup have also been added, including the DVD-758 (SRP: $349) and DVD-558 (SRP: $169) DVD players, as well as the new DVM-745 (SRP: $269) 5-disc changer.

Joe Stinziano, Denon's Senior Vice President for Sales and Marketing, noted: "Denon is committed to providing our discriminating customers with a no-compromise high-end solution for enjoying next-generation high resolution media. Our new products exemplify the highest level of home theater quality. As a member of the Blu-ray Disc Association, we brought all of our design and engineering expertise to bear in the creation of these groundbreaking Blu-ray products, setting new performance standards for the format. Denon remains committed to offering our customers the most options in ultimate-quality home entertainment products and to this end, our future plans do not preclude the introduction of high-definition products in other formats."

Reference-Standard DVD-3800BDCI: "Boundless" Home Entertainment
Denon's new DVD-3800BDCI BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Player sets new standards in high-performance, interactive DVD playback. In addition to delivering the pinnacle of high-quality audio and video performance, both the DVD-3800BDCI and DVD-2500BTCI feature SD card readers that offer users a new level of full interactivity with multiple opportunities for content providers to add enhanced content such as movie trailers, games and more.

The Ultimate in Video Performance...
In addition to being in the forefront of BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Player technology, Denon's DVD-3800BDCI is also the world's first to feature the acclaimed 10-bit Silicon Optix Realta chipset, providing enhanced video performance with upconversion and IP scaling to 1080p. The pixel-by-pixel and Digital Noise Reduction feature afforded by this technology allows the player to remove image-degrading artifacts, resulting in astoundingly clear, high-resolution image quality.

The Ultimate in Audio Performance...
Denon's new DVD-3800BDCI also utilizes a variety of the world's most advanced audio technologies, including Advanced AL24 processing, to deliver the ultimate in audio performance. The player offers HD Audio and DDSC-HD, with decoding of Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and is capable of outputting both 7.1-channel analog signals and PCM audio via HDMI output.

DVD-2500BTCI Blu-ray Transport: High-Performance Connection to A/V Receivers
The DVD-2500BTCI is a leading edge Blu-ray Disc Transport that allows owners of advanced A/V receivers to add Blu-ray capability to their system and enjoy high definition video. The DVD-2500BTCI will natively output an HD audio bit-stream to a connected receiver via HDMI. Once this signal is accepted in the receiver, it can then be decoded into its native format including Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio.

Secondary Video and Audio Decoders
In keeping with the guidelines mandated by the Blu-ray Association for BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 players, both Denon Models DVD-3800BDCI and DVD-2500BTCI incorporate a secondary audio and video decoder. This allows for simultaneous playback of a secondary audio and video track which may be used for interactive audio and commentary and for picture-in-picture capability (respectively). Additional information (subtitles, audio streams, camera angles, trailers, games, etc.) can be downloaded from the Internet via computer and stored on a SD card that either player will accept. This content can be played with the original content of Blu-ray Discs.

Denon's DVD Lineup offers More Models with HDMI Output
In addition to the new Blu-ray Disc products, Denon has significantly upgraded its DVD player line. Denon's new DVD-1940CI and DVD-1740 DVD players, for example, output video at stunning 1080p resolution via HDMI, making them ideal for use with the advanced digital display devices of today (and tomorrow). The superior image quality of the DVD-1940CI is achieved through the use of the advanced Faroudja FLi2301 DCDi chipset, providing an improved Film Mode, 3:2 pulldown detection and de-interlacing, as well as five Progressive Mode memory settings that enable viewers to fine-tune picture quality to their particular preference. The result is remarkably clear, high-resolution image quality, free from picture artifacts. Additional audio/video enhancements in the DVD-1940CI include HDMI 1.1 output compatibility, SACD / DVD-Audio playback, discrete interlaced and progressive video D/A converters. For enhanced audio playback, both the DVD-1940CI and DVD-1740 use discrete high performance Burr
Brown Audio DACs - models PCM-1738 and PCM-1756 respectively. The DVD-1940CI and
DVD-1740 will also interchangeably convert video standards; NTSC and PAL and the DVD-1940CI will now support the popular DivX Ultra standard.

The DVD-1740 and the DVD-1940CI are both currently available.

NEW 5-Disc DVD-Changer Added to Lineup
To provide additional flexibility, Denon is also introducing a new 5-disc DVD changer, with HDMI 1.0 and selectable scaling output to 1080p. Model, DVM-1845 is a progressive scan changer with DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD and CD-R/RW playback compatibility, Kodak Picture, FujiColor, and JPEG Photo File Viewer for total convenience and utility. For enhanced image quality, the DVM-1845 also includes an advanced 12-Bit Video DAC (108MHz, 480i/480p) and 3:2 Pull-Down detection. The DVM-1845 is currently available.

In addition to the new models announced today, Denon's DVD line includes: the flagship DVD-5910CI (SRP: $3,800), DVD-3930CI (SRP: $1,499) and DVD-2930CI (SRP: $849).

New Retail Home Theater Series Models: High-Value, High-Performance
Denon's new Retail Home Theater Series line of advanced DVD players, includes the DVD-758, DVD-558 and DVM-745 5-disc changer, and offers many of the same high-quality features found in Denon's companion models. Features include HDMI output with upscaling to 1080p, Burr Brown 24/192 Audio DACs, playback of CDs and DVDs with MP3 and WMA 9 audio files as well as CD-R/CD-RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW. Additionally, the DVD-758 will play discs encoded with DivX Ultra. All three models are currently available.

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 20:43

Unregisteredf7bba9d7
  • Unregisteredf7bba9d7
  • Beroende

• 1 113 inlägg

Denon Introduces $2,000 DVD-3800BDCI Blu-ray Player

Postad bild

Today in Jersey City, Denon unveiled its flagship DVD player, the DVD-3800BDCI, coming out this fall. It will be among the first to sport the BD-ROM version 1.1, which means it will have dual audio/video decoders to take advantage of picture-in-picture content, and has an SD card slot, so that you can download web content. It does not have an Ethernet jack, however, so you will have to use a PC to download content to SD. It's also, according to Denon, the world's first high-def disc player to use the Realta HQV video processor for super-badass video cleanup. The processor will clean up Blu-ray discs, if that tells you anything.

DENON TO INTRODUCE GROUNDBREAKING BD-ROM PROFILE 1 version 1.1

BLU-RAY DISC PLAYER AND TRANSPORT

• New Products Represent the Pinnacle of High-Definition DVD Video and Audio Performance; Offer Exciting Interactive Capabilities -

Mahwah, NJ - July 24, 2007 -- Denon Electronics, a world leader in high-performance home entertainment products, today announced the upcoming introduction of two groundbreaking DVD products, the new reference-standard DVD-3800BDCI BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1
Blu-ray Disc Player and the DVD-2500BTC BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Transport. The DVD-3800BDCI (SRP: $1,999) is the world's first BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Player from a Blu-Ray Disc Association member featuring the acclaimed 10-bit Silicon Optix Realta chipset. It provides users with the highest resolution high-definition video available today via HDMI™ connection, as well as the ultimate in audio performance, including high-definition audio decoding and DDSC-HD audio output. The DVD-2500BTCI outputs audio and video signals and requires a connected audio/video receiver to do the decoding. Both BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray units are slated to ship this fall.

In addition to its Blu-ray Disc introductions, Denon is updating its advanced lineup of DVD players and changers with six additional models, including the DVD-1940CI (SRP: $349) and DVD-1740 (SRP: $169), as well as the new DVM-1845 (SRP: $269) 5-disc DVD changer. With the new additions, Denon's current line of DVD players now feature advanced HDMI output capability for the ultimate in audio and video performance. Three new models in the company's Retail Home Theater DVD lineup have also been added, including the DVD-758 (SRP: $349) and DVD-558 (SRP: $169) DVD players, as well as the new DVM-745 (SRP: $269) 5-disc changer.

Joe Stinziano, Denon's Senior Vice President for Sales and Marketing, noted: "Denon is committed to providing our discriminating customers with a no-compromise high-end solution for enjoying next-generation high resolution media. Our new products exemplify the highest level of home theater quality. As a member of the Blu-ray Disc Association, we brought all of our design and engineering expertise to bear in the creation of these groundbreaking Blu-ray products, setting new performance standards for the format. Denon remains committed to offering our customers the most options in ultimate-quality home entertainment products and to this end, our future plans do not preclude the introduction of high-definition products in other formats."

Reference-Standard DVD-3800BDCI: "Boundless" Home Entertainment
Denon's new DVD-3800BDCI BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Player sets new standards in high-performance, interactive DVD playback. In addition to delivering the pinnacle of high-quality audio and video performance, both the DVD-3800BDCI and DVD-2500BTCI feature SD card readers that offer users a new level of full interactivity with multiple opportunities for content providers to add enhanced content such as movie trailers, games and more.

The Ultimate in Video Performance...
In addition to being in the forefront of BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 Blu-ray Disc Player technology, Denon's DVD-3800BDCI is also the world's first to feature the acclaimed 10-bit Silicon Optix Realta chipset, providing enhanced video performance with upconversion and IP scaling to 1080p. The pixel-by-pixel and Digital Noise Reduction feature afforded by this technology allows the player to remove image-degrading artifacts, resulting in astoundingly clear, high-resolution image quality.

Denon's new DVD-3800BDCI also utilizes a variety of the world's most advanced audio technologies, including Advanced AL24 processing, to deliver the ultimate in audio performance. The player offers HD Audio and DDSC-HD, with decoding of Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio and is capable of outputting both 7.1-channel analog signals and PCM audio via HDMI output.

DVD-2500BTCI Blu-ray Transport: High-Performance Connection to A/V Receivers
The DVD-2500BTCI is a leading edge Blu-ray Disc Transport that allows owners of advanced A/V receivers to add Blu-ray capability to their system and enjoy high definition video. The DVD-2500BTCI will natively output an HD audio bit-stream to a connected receiver via HDMI. Once this signal is accepted in the receiver, it can then be decoded into its native format including Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio.

Secondary Video and Audio Decoders
In keeping with the guidelines mandated by the Blu-ray Association for BD-ROM Profile 1 version 1.1 players, both Denon Models DVD-3800BDCI and DVD-2500BTCI incorporate a secondary audio and video decoder. This allows for simultaneous playback of a secondary audio and video track which may be used for interactive audio and commentary and for picture-in-picture capability (respectively). Additional information (subtitles, audio streams, camera angles, trailers, games, etc.) can be downloaded from the Internet via computer and stored on a SD card that either player will accept. This content can be played with the original content of Blu-ray Discs.

Denon's DVD Lineup offers More Models with HDMI Output
In addition to the new Blu-ray Disc products, Denon has significantly upgraded its DVD player line. Denon's new DVD-1940CI and DVD-1740 DVD players, for example, output video at stunning 1080p resolution via HDMI, making them ideal for use with the advanced digital display devices of today (and tomorrow). The superior image quality of the DVD-1940CI is achieved through the use of the advanced Faroudja FLi2301 DCDi chipset, providing an improved Film Mode, 3:2 pulldown detection and de-interlacing, as well as five Progressive Mode memory settings that enable viewers to fine-tune picture quality to their particular preference. The result is remarkably clear, high-resolution image quality, free from picture artifacts. Additional audio/video enhancements in the DVD-1940CI include HDMI 1.1 output compatibility, SACD / DVD-Audio playback, discrete interlaced and progressive video D/A converters. For enhanced audio playback, both the DVD-1940CI and DVD-1740 use discrete high performance Burr
Brown Audio DACs - models PCM-1738 and PCM-1756 respectively. The DVD-1940CI and
DVD-1740 will also interchangeably convert video standards; NTSC and PAL and the DVD-1940CI will now support the popular DivX Ultra standard.

The DVD-1740 and the DVD-1940CI are both currently available.

NEW 5-Disc DVD-Changer Added to Lineup
To provide additional flexibility, Denon is also introducing a new 5-disc DVD changer, with HDMI 1.0 and selectable scaling output to 1080p. Model, DVM-1845 is a progressive scan changer with DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD and CD-R/RW playback compatibility, Kodak Picture, FujiColor, and JPEG Photo File Viewer for total convenience and utility. For enhanced image quality, the DVM-1845 also includes an advanced 12-Bit Video DAC (108MHz, 480i/480p) and 3:2 Pull-Down detection. The DVM-1845 is currently available.

In addition to the new models announced today, Denon's DVD line includes: the flagship DVD-5910CI (SRP: $3,800), DVD-3930CI (SRP: $1,499) and DVD-2930CI (SRP: $849).

New Retail Home Theater Series Models: High-Value, High-Performance
Denon's new Retail Home Theater Series line of advanced DVD players, includes the DVD-758, DVD-558 and DVM-745 5-disc changer, and offers many of the same high-quality features found in Denon's companion models. Features include HDMI output with upscaling to 1080p, Burr Brown 24/192 Audio DACs, playback of CDs and DVDs with MP3 and WMA 9 audio files as well as CD-R/CD-RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW. Additionally, the DVD-758 will play discs encoded with DivX Ultra. All three models are currently available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trevligt men inget nätverksuttag, SACD och DVD-audio stöd och billig blir den inte, 2000 US dollars!!!
Vad den kommer att kosta i Sverige det vågar jag inte tänka på....
Håller mig till andra märken när det är dags att uppgradera min nuvarande spelare (Sony S300)...

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 20:49

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Haha :D

Undra vad den billigare spelaren kommer att kosta, $1500 kanske?

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 20:52

Unregisteredf7bba9d7
  • Unregisteredf7bba9d7
  • Beroende

• 1 113 inlägg

Haha :D

Undra vad den billigare spelaren kommer att kosta, $1500 kanske?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kan ju alltid hoppas.
Inte helt fel att ha en Denon Blu-ray spelare, men priset måste ju ner en del.
Vinner jag på lotto så slår jag till direkt!

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 21:06

Addex
  • Addex
  • Veteran

• 1 902 inlägg

Den avkodar Dolby TrueHD och DTS-HD Master Audio!

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 21:18

random111
  • random111
  • Forumräv

• 922 inlägg
Dialog_gvf som sedan länge har haft insider info om denna Denon Blu-ray spelare skriver nu

So, as you can see, my insider info was spot on.

Other info from the same source is that four aggressively priced players are still to be announced:

Two Chinese, Daewoo, and a Funai model.

Could be more Chinese. Interest seems to be exploding in China.

Fler och fler tillverkare kommer med Blu-ray spelare.

Postad 24 juli 2007 - 21:26

Unregisteredf7bba9d7
  • Unregisteredf7bba9d7
  • Beroende

• 1 113 inlägg

Dialog_gvf som sedan länge har haft insider info om denna Denon Blu-ray spelare skriver nu

So, as you can see, my insider info was spot on.

Other info from the same source is that four aggressively priced players are still to be announced:

Two Chinese, Daewoo, and a Funai model.

Could be more Chinese. Interest seems to be exploding in China.

Fler och fler tillverkare kommer med Blu-ray spelare.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Det är bra det!
Nästa gång jag uppgraderar min Blu-ray spelare så banne mig så ska den nya ha stöd för alla ljudformaten, nätverksuttag och klara Profile 2.0.
Tycker att det är lite surt att slänga ut upp mot 10000kr på spelare som inte klarar av detta...
Själv så kom jag undan med ca 5000kr vilket var vad jag gav för min Sony S300 region A...

Redigerat av Unregisteredf7bba9d7, 24 juli 2007 - 21:27.

Postad 25 juli 2007 - 17:20

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Det här går under "rykten"

Yesterday I went to a meeting with some execs of Fox here in Mexico to see some of their releases for 4th quarter on DVD, but the real kicker was that they gave us a sneak peek of the X2 Blu-ray!!!!
It was awesome, we only see a couple of scenes, like the White House fight, the museum tour, and the Tornado / blackbird chase, the clarity and detail on those scenes was some of the best I ever seen on HD media, specialy on the museum part the 3D pop was all over the place !
Then, when I tought that the best part was over, they show us some of the new BD live and Java content on the disc!!
Boy, real PiP commentaries and scene deconstruction on the movie, some interesting games, when you click on a mutant on the movie, it show a little window with the profile an a 3d render of that mutant, there's a Cerebro special feature, where you can track mutants, when the tracking is reading you watch them as little red dots, and you can click on them and see their profiles, then we see some web enable features, mostly links to some forums and llive feeds from special events and the like, unfortunately when I ask for some release dates I only get the "very very soon" comment, but man, if is this the reason why Fox is waiting to announce some new releases, trust me, the wait is gonna be very very well worth for!!

the player was a samsung one, I did'nt see the model though

http://www.avsforum....ad.php?t=880153

Postad 25 juli 2007 - 22:34

Unregistered992
  • Unregistered992
  • Veteran

• 1 687 inlägg
Target stores to give boost to Blu-ray DVD format

LOS ANGELES --
Target Corp., the nation's second-largest retailer, will start selling a Sony Blu-ray high-definition DVD player during the critical holiday shopping period and feature the player along with DVDs in the format in store displays, dealing a potential blow to the rival HD DVD format.

The move, which the companies will formally announce Thursday, is another step in resolving a format war that has kept confused consumers from rushing to buy new DVD players until they can determine which format will dominate the market.

Target will sell the Sony BDP-S300 for $499 in October and display it along with Blu-ray DVDs from three studios, including Sony and The Walt Disney Co., at the ends of store aisles.

The Target announcement came five weeks after a decision by video rental chain Blockbuster Inc. to offer only Blu-ray titles when it expands its high-def offerings this fall.

Blu-ray is backed by Sony Corp., which developed it. Most Hollywood studios are releasing films either exclusively in Blu-ray or together with the rival HD DVD format, which is backed by its developer, Toshiba Corp.

Only Universal Studios, a unit of General Electric Corp., is releasing films exclusively in HD DVD.

Both formats offer a crisper, brighter high definition picture as well as more storage that allows interactive features and games to be packaged with movies.

Consumers have been slow to embrace either format, worried they might get stuck with a losing technology.

Target does not sell high-def DVD players in its stores, although it does sell a Toshiba player for $299 on its Web site

Target stores do sell an HD DVD add-on for the Microsoft X-Box 360 as well as Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3, which comes with a Blu-ray player built in.

Target would not say why it decided to sell only Blu-ray players. Sony is paying a fee to have their products featured in the end-of-aisle display, called an endcap, although Sony executives said the retailer contacted them about the decision.

"We are not proclaiming one format vs. the other as the preferred consumer technology, and software will continue to be available to our guests in both the Blu-ray and HD-DVD format," Target spokeswoman Brie Heath said.

Target will track customer feedback and adjust offerings as necessary, Heath said.

The HD DVD camp was not fazed by the Target decision, pointing out that HD DVD players continue to outsell Blu-ray players, which are at least twice the cost. They also point out that HD DVD players and DVDs are featured in endcap displays in Circuit City and Best Buy stores.

HD DVD promoters also contend that consumers are more influenced by price than product selection.

"HD DVD players are the most affordable," said Ken Graffeo, co-president of the North American HD DVD Promotional Group. "It's one thing to have a player featured, but it's another if it doesn't sell."

While more titles are available in the Blu-ray format, this fall should provide a head-to-head contest between the two formats.

Two blockbuster films - "Spider-Man 3," from Sony and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" from Disney - will be available exclusively on Blu-ray.

The HD DVD camp will be counting on sales of the blockbuster film "300," from Warner Bros., which will be released in both formats, and the first season of the popular sci-fi TV show "Heroes," which will be available exclusively on HD DVD.

Postad 25 juli 2007 - 22:39

Addex
  • Addex
  • Veteran

• 1 902 inlägg

Target stores to give boost to Blu-ray DVD format

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wii!!

Postad 26 juli 2007 - 09:56

Agaton
  • Agaton
  • Forumräv

• 670 inlägg
Steven Spielbergs "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" kommer att släppas exklusivt på Blu-ray.

USA TODAY

Details: Close Encounters of the Third Kind: 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition (DVD, $40; Blu-ray Disc, $50). Includes three versions of the film: the 1977 original theatrical cut, the re-edited 1980 theatrical special edition, and Steven Spielberg's director's cut, released in 1998.

Plus: Only on the 50 GB Blu-ray edition are new "storyboard-to-scene" comparisons and the original 1977 "Watch the Skies" featurette. Blu-ray, says David Bishop, president of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, "will add yet another new and thrilling dimension to this timeless film."

Det ser bra ut på Blu-ray fronten. :wub:

Postad 26 juli 2007 - 10:00

hassesolo
  • hassesolo
  • Über-Guru

• 10 389 inlägg
50$ är skandal.
Kan de inte ge ut en vanlig BD-utgåva med normalpris också. De flesta vill väl inte ha tre versioner av samma film?

Postad 26 juli 2007 - 10:23

random111
  • random111
  • Forumräv

• 922 inlägg

Steven Spielbergs "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" kommer att släppas exklusivt på Blu-ray.

USA TODAY

Details: Close Encounters of the Third Kind: 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition (DVD, $40; Blu-ray Disc, $50). Includes three versions of the film: the 1977 original theatrical cut, the re-edited 1980 theatrical special edition, and Steven Spielberg's director's cut, released in 1998.

Plus: Only on the 50 GB Blu-ray edition are new "storyboard-to-scene" comparisons and the original 1977 "Watch the Skies" featurette. Blu-ray, says David Bishop, president of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, "will add yet another new and thrilling dimension to this timeless film."

Det ser bra ut på Blu-ray fronten. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, jag hade inte förväntat mig någon Spielberg film så tidigt. Goda Blu-ray nyheter droppar in allt fortare.... ;)

Länk
Ken Graffeo was asked at EMA when we could expect Spielberg titles from Universal on HD DVD. He responded that Spielberg wouldn't allow it until HD DVD reached a mass market level on hardware sales. Mass market was loosely defined as somewhere between 4 and 16 million players on the market. This smells a lot like Spielberg throwing his support towards BD and ignoring HD DVD. Spielberg, if anyone, knows a winner when he sees it.

Redigerat av random111, 26 juli 2007 - 10:24.

Postad 26 juli 2007 - 10:24

diabolo
  • diabolo
  • Mästare

• 3 548 inlägg

Länk
Ken Graffeo was asked at EMA when we could expect Spielberg titles from Universal on HD DVD. He responded that Spielberg wouldn't allow it until HD DVD reached a mass market level on hardware sales. Mass market was loosely defined as somewhere between 4 and 16 million players on the market. This smells a lot like Spielberg throwing his support towards BD and ignoring HD DVD. Spielberg, if anyone, knows a winner when he sees it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tur att du slänger in lite BS från Blu-ray.com :wub:

Postad 26 juli 2007 - 10:35

random111
  • random111
  • Forumräv

• 922 inlägg

Länk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tur att du slänger in lite BS från Blu-ray.com :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vill du antyda att Ken Graffeo (executive vice president for Universal Studios Home), den mest ivriga HD DVD förespråkaren av alla, inte talar sanning när han säger att HD DVD inte har sålt tillräckligt mycket för att få tillstånd från Spielberg att ge ut hans filmer på HD DVD?

Postad 26 juli 2007 - 10:46

diabolo
  • diabolo
  • Mästare

• 3 548 inlägg

Vill du antyda att Ken Graffeo (executive vice president for Universal Studios Home), den mest ivriga HD DVD förespråkaren av alla, inte talar sanning när han säger att HD DVD inte har sålt tillräckligt mycket för att få tillstånd från Spielberg att ge ut hans filmer på HD DVD?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jag tror ej att Ken Graffeo skulle avslöja några framtidsplaner framför cameran ;) (Har sett HD DVD debatten själv)...inte direkt så smart o avslöja sina planer framför allmänheten(Bill Hunt o andra BDA Shills)...de enda som håller på med såna PR tricks är BDA o sina "insiders" paidgeek, pentoman(Dvs PR Spin). Inte så långt ifrån Xmas...det närmar sig :wub:

Postad 26 juli 2007 - 11:13

Johan78
  • Johan78
  • Beroende

• 1 419 inlägg
Nu säljs mer Blu-ray filmer än HD DVD på axelmusic.com som har varit HD DVD fläktpojkars "ess i ärmen" när Blu-ray supporters presenterat försäljningssiffor :wub:. Blu-ray tar över mer och mer.

BLU-RAY HD-DVD
Weekly 52.8% 47.2%
Monthly 50.4% 49.6%
Yearly 44.9% 55.1%

Releases 365 322

0 användare läser detta ämne

0 medlemmar, 0 gäster, 0 anonyma medlemmar

• Elias
    2024-03-17 11:45:37
  • Elias
    2024-03-17 11:22:58
  • Elias
    2024-03-17 11:20:09
  • Elias
    2024-03-17 11:20:06
  • Salong vy bakåt, ny bild med tyg på vägg
    DPC
    2024-03-17 09:11:58
  • Fler  |  Vilka bilder visas här?
Trendande produkter
Prisjakt © 2000 - 2024 Prisjakt   Cookiepolicy.   Våra regler.   Personuppgiftspolicy.  Hantera cookie-inställningar.