Some translation fragments:
- Ambient is key. We could argue that it relies too heavily on what we already saw on the movies, but truth is we've always waited for something like this from a Ghostbusters game.
- Music, composed by Elmer Bernsten, has been extracted from the movies and suits the everything prefectly.
- The game is divided into six chapters and there is a lot of variety to each.
- AI is good, teammates aren't liabilities like in other games
- Battles are almost always intense and thrilling. If you get killed, you have to repeat the battles and watch the cutscenes all over again.
- Graphics are the first thing you will notice, everything is recreated perfectly. Facial animation is very good. Aparently, there is no HUD.
Ghostbusters: The Videogame is probably one of the best movie-to-game adaptations. Its secret lies in its masterful ambient, it does an incredible job in recreating the elements of the movie with the same magic that it had 25 years ago. But most importantly, besides all being wrapped up in a nostalgia package, it's a fun game like few others. The fact that Rick Moranis is not in this game is the only thing that keeps it from being perfect. If you like Ghostbusters, this is the game you've always dreamed of.
-Heavily based on the movies, not just the obvious stuff, but little details too. (Jokes about Wiston being a neglected character )
-Some puzzles, but its mainly an action game.
-Team AI is not shitty
-Great learning curve.
-Great graphics but with some framerate drop down.
-Lots of different ghosts with epic bosses.
-8 to 10 hours of gameplay, theres multiplayer but they'd rather not comment on it cos theres no one online to play.
Ghostbusters is probably one of the best movie-to-game adaptations. Its secret lies in its tight atmosphere, a masterful work that reproduces the elements of the movies with the same magic as 25 years ago. But the most important part is that the nostalgia is complemented by a game as good as few. The absence of Rock Moranis is the only thing that doesnt make it perfect. But if you like Ghostbusters, this is the game you've always dream of.